Total Trade: $62.42 million
|1||Port of New York||$10,025,730|
|2||Port of Charleston||$6,324,984|
|3||Port of Virginia||$5,064,344|
|4||Buffalo Peace Bridge, NY||$4,016,697|
|6||Port of Houston||$3,842,336|
|7||Port of Jacksonville, Fla.||$2,560,854|
|8||John F. Kennedy International Airport||$2,412,993|
|9||Port of Los Angeles||$2,384,119|
|10||Port Huron Blue Water Bridge, Mich.||$2,350,294|
U.S. exports of Carboxylic acid increased 0.32 percent through February to $62.42 million
U.S. exports of Carboxylic acid increased 0.32 percent from $62.22 million to $62.42 million through the first two months of 2019 when compared to the same period the previous year, according to WorldCity analysis of the latest U.S. Census Bureau data.
The category ranked 428 through February among the roughly 1,265 export commodity groupings as classified by Census. It ranked No. 430 for the last full year with a total value of $399.88 million, a $7.97 million, 2.03 percent increase from the 2017 total.
Through February of this year the top trade partners were No. 1 Canada, No. 2 Mexico, No. 3 Brazil, No. 4 Belgium and No. 5 China. The leading gateways were No. 1 Port of New York, No. 2 Port of Charleston, No. 3 Port of Virginia, No. 4 Buffalo Peace Bridge, NY and No. 5 Port Laredo.
In the last previous full year, the top trade partners were No. 1 Canada, No. 2 South Korea, No. 3 Mexico, No. 4 Belgium and No. 5 France. The leading gateways were No. 1 Port of New York, No. 2 Port of Houston, No. 3 Port Laredo, No. 4 Port of Charleston and No. 5 Detroit Ambassador Bridge, Mich..
January – February 2019
|1||New York City||$25,697,645|
Looking at specific airports, seaports and border crossings, the top five through through the first two months of the year were:
Highlights for the top five ports:
- Port of New York fell 20.64 percent compared to last year to $10.03 million.
- Port of Charleston rose 33.25 percent compared to last year to $6.32 million.
- Port of Virginia rose 198.44 percent compared to last year to $5.06 million.
- Buffalo Peace Bridge, NY rose 75.27 percent compared to last year to $4.02 million.
- Port Laredo fell 10.85 percent compared to last year to $3.98 million.
There are several hundred airports, seaports and border crossings that handle international trade; they are, in turn, part of the roughly four dozen U.S. Customs districts.
Highlights for the top five foreign markets:
- U.S. exports to No. 1 Canada increased $868,511, 7.07 percent, (21.08 percent of all shipments).
- U.S. exports to No. 2 Mexico decreased $493,759, 9.13 percent, (7.87 percent market share).
- U.S. exports to No. 3 Brazil increased $650,662, 15.54 percent, (7.75 percent market share).
- U.S. exports to No. 4 Belgium decreased $682,253, 12.71 percent, (7.51 percent market share).
- U.S. exports to No. 5 China increased $1.21 million, 52.15 percent, (5.65 percent of all shipments).
All totaled, 49.86 percent of all these Carboxylic acid exports from the United States were shipped to the top five markets through February of this year. That is equal to $31.12 million of the $62.42 million total.
All totaled, 47.12 percent of all these Carboxylic acid exports from the United States were shipped from the top five Ports through February of this year. That is equal to $29.41 million of the $62.42 million total