Total Trade: $56.22 million
|1||Port of New Orleans||$49,712,459|
|2||Port of Southern Louisiana, Gramercy, St. James Parish||$5,731,960|
|3||Nogales Border Crossing, Ariz.||$266,895|
|4||Port of Los Angeles||$228,400|
|5||Antler Border Crossing, N.D.||$78,043|
|6||Blaine / Surrey Border Crossing, Wash.||$71,483|
|7||Sumas, Border Crossing, Wash.||$36,703|
|8||Chicago O’Hare International Airport||$26,400|
|9||Port of Oakland, Calif.||$23,280|
|10||Cleveland’s Hopkins International Airport, Ohio||$21,208|
U.S. imports of Phosphatic fertilizers decreased 38.33 percent through August to $56.22 million
U.S. imports of Phosphatic fertilizers decreased 38.33 percent from $91.16 million to $56.22 million through the first eight months of 2019 when compared to the same period the previous year, according to WorldCity analysis of the latest U.S. Census Bureau data.
The category ranked 864 through August among the roughly 1,265 import commodity groupings as classified by Census. It ranked No. 773 for the last full year with a total value of $142.34 million, a $51.11 million, 56.02 percent increase from the 2017 total.
Through August of this year the leading sources were No. 1 Morocco, No. 2 Israel, No. 3 China, No. 4 Canada and No. 5 Egypt. The leading gateways were No. 1 Port of New Orleans, No. 2 Port of Southern Louisiana, Gramercy, St. James Parish, No. 3 Nogales Border Crossing, Ariz., No. 4 Port of Los Angeles and No. 5 Antler Border Crossing, N.D..
In the last previous full year, theleading sources were No. 1 Israel, No. 2 Morocco, No. 3 Mexico, No. 4 China and No. 5 Estonia. The leading gateways were No. 1 Port of New Orleans, No. 2 Port of Virginia, No. 3 Port of Tampa, Fla., No. 4 Port of Los Angeles and No. 5 Port of Charleston.
January – August 2019
|9||New York City||$2,674|
Looking at specific airports, seaports and border crossings, the top five through through the first eight months of the year were:
Highlights for the top five ports:
- Port of New Orleans fell 43.67 percent compared to last year to $49.71 million.
- Port of Southern Louisiana, Gramercy, St. James Parish totaled $5.73 million. The previous year, there were no imports in this category.
- Nogales Border Crossing, Ariz. totaled $266,895. The previous year, there were no imports in this category.
- Port of Los Angeles rose 321.31 percent compared to last year to $228,400.
- Antler Border Crossing, N.D. rose 482.67 percent compared to last year to $78,043.
There are several hundred airports, seaports and border crossings that handle international trade; they are, in turn, part of the roughly four dozen U.S. Customs districts.
Highlights for the top five foreign markets:
- U.S. imports from No. 1 Morocco decreased $9.83 million, 25.56 percent, (50.92 percent of all shipments).
- U.S. imports from No. 2 Israel decreased $22.97 million, 46.14 percent, (47.7 percent market share).
- U.S. imports from No. 3 China increased $175,070, 62.85 percent, (0.81 percent market share).
- U.S. imports from No. 4 Canada increased $57,903, 80.55 percent, (0.23 percent market share).
- U.S. imports from No. 5 Egypt increased $29,788, 54.95 percent, (0.15 percent of all shipments).
All totaled, 99.81 percent of all these Phosphatic fertilizers imports to the United States were shipped from the top five markets through August of this year. That is equal to $56.11 million of the $56.22 million total.
All totaled, 99.64 percent of all these Phosphatic fertilizers imports to the United States were shipped to the top five Ports through August of this year. That is equal to $56.02 million of the $56.22 million total