Total Trade: $35.22 million
|1||Port of Charleston||$7,441,945|
|3||Port of Newark||$4,838,468|
|4||Port of New York||$4,213,855|
|5||Port of Savannah, Ga.||$1,805,070|
|6||Port of Houston||$1,459,683|
|7||Chicago O’Hare International Airport||$1,424,618|
|8||Port of Seattle, Wash.||$1,404,420|
|9||Port of Virginia||$1,140,795|
|10||Port of Long Beach||$1,108,108|
U.S. imports of Sulfides, polysulfides increased 32.11 percent through December to $35.22 million
U.S. imports of Sulfides, polysulfides increased 32.11 percent from $26.66 million to $35.22 million in 2018 when compared to the same period the previous year, according to WorldCity analysis of the latest U.S. Census Bureau data.
The category ranked 995 through December among the roughly 1,265 import commodity groupings as classified by Census. It ranked No. 1024 for the last full year with a total value of $26.66 million, a $1.05 million, 4.12 percent increase from the 2016 total.
Through December of this year the leading sources were No. 1 Germany, No. 2 China, No. 3 Mexico, No. 4 Austria and No. 5 Israel. The leading gateways were No. 1 Port of Charleston, No. 2 Port Laredo, No. 3 Port of Newark, No. 4 Port of New York and No. 5 Port of Savannah, Ga..
In the last previous full year, theleading sources were No. 1 China, No. 2 Germany, No. 3 Mexico, No. 4 Austria and No. 5 Belgium. The leading gateways were No. 1 Port Laredo, No. 2 Port of Newark, No. 3 Port of Charleston, No. 4 Port of Savannah, Ga. and No. 5 Port of New Orleans.
January – December 2018
|1||New York City||$3,112,618|
|5||Great Falls, Mont.||$447,120|
Looking at specific airports, seaports and border crossings, the top five through in the year were:
Highlights for the top five ports:
- Port of Charleston rose 134.03 percent compared to last year to $7.44 million.
- Port Laredo rose 4.89 percent compared to last year to $5.51 million.
- Port of Newark rose 14.56 percent compared to last year to $4.84 million.
- Port of New York rose 345 percent compared to last year to $4.21 million.
- Port of Savannah, Ga. fell 37.41 percent compared to last year to $1.81 million.
There are several hundred airports, seaports and border crossings that handle international trade; they are, in turn, part of the roughly four dozen U.S. Customs districts.
Highlights for the top five foreign markets:
- U.S. imports from No. 1 Germany increased $3.79 million, 66.95 percent, (26.85 percent of all shipments).
- U.S. imports from No. 2 China increased $94,437, 1.01 percent, (26.71 percent market share).
- U.S. imports from No. 3 Mexico increased $946,059, 17.7 percent, (17.86 percent market share).
- U.S. imports from No. 4 Austria increased $1.17 million, 40.5 percent, (11.51 percent market share).
- U.S. imports from No. 5 Israel increased $1.68 million, 0 percent, (4.77 percent of all shipments).
All totaled, 87.7 percent of all these Sulfides, polysulfides imports to the United States were shipped from the top five markets through December of this year. That is equal to $30.89 million of the $35.22 million total.
All totaled, 67.59 percent of all these Sulfides, polysulfides imports to the United States were shipped to the top five Ports through December of this year. That is equal to $23.81 million of the $35.22 million total